Monday, April 27, 2015

Everything Happened at ONCE!

Oh yes, it did. The apartment was ready early, we got the key on the 8th, my first of two days off. We moved on the 8th, unpacked on the 9th, I went back to work on Friday, took off Monday and Tuesday so we could go to Sacramento for my hubby's fingerprint appointment for his 10 year green card, then back to work on Wednesday, the same day my hubby started his new job at Rumiano. I was off Thursday, then back to work for another 5 days. No big deal, right? Nooo...I was stinkin' sick. I started getting sick before we moved. It's really hard working while you are really sick, especially when you can't sit down except on break. We couldn't even enjoy Sacramento. I was too sick.

The apartment is nice. Actually it's a duplex, and these are considered town homes, but there are no HOA fees. This is literally the largest place I have ever lived in, except for the apartment my parents rented for a few months when we first moved back to LA from the desert in 1963. This place is spacious, and the only furniture we have is a bed, two cabinets and two computer tables.

Sunday we drove to Brookings and looked at furniture. We weren't happy with what we saw. There are a couple places in town and more in Eureka. I don't like the thought of driving 90 miles to buy furniture. I also bought flowers for the patio. It smells so sweet out there now. I bought Stocks, Freesia, a Jade plant and Rosemary.

As I hoped, my hubby is getting well. He hardly snores anymore. His sinuses are clearing up and he isn't wheezing anymore. His job at Rumiano is going well.

No comments:

Post a Comment